Sunday, August 23, 2015

Upgrading Raspberry Pi From Golang 1.4x to 1.5

Some additional notes with my adventures working on an older ARM-based Pi computer and Go. Basically this is notes...not a how-to, but handy reference, so it will probably be a bit more terse than my usually over-narrative writing style.

First I logged in to the Pi and ran screen, because I'm remote on a free wifi connection 150 miles from the Pi and I know it's a hijacked connection from Burger King so trusting its reliability is iffy at best.

Second, I couldn't get the "git checkout go1.5" command to work. So I took my existing ~/go directory and moved it to another directory. Go is now self-bootstrapped...it likes the previous build being available. And it looked for a specific subdirectory. So...

mv ./go ./go1.4
git clone https://go.googlesource.com/go
cd go
git checkout go1.5
cd src
./all.bash

From there it went through the build process, compiling Go with Go (nifty, huh?)


No comments:

Post a Comment