Monday, September 4, 2017

Formatting Woes

Am I the only one that uses Blogger and keeps discovering formatting issues?

I take time to review my posts. I preview them. I lay out the fonts and paragraphs to include spacing that breaks up the sections for increased readability. I wrap text around graphics and use captions for text specific to that image.

It seems like no matter how much time I put into carefully laying out the format of the page, at some point I view the post as a regular user and...WHY IS THE SPACING GOOFED UP?

Is it Blogger? Is it a side effect of the template used for the layout? Certain fonts used?

I don't know.

I just know that it's incredibly frustrating.

It seems odd that even when I preview a post, adjust spacing, and finally post, the end result is still..."off".

I have several subjects to write about. Periodically noticing screwed up posts led me to write this up first.

As I type this I'm still using blogger...but I'm tempted to try another platform. Maybe someday I'll shift everything to another site and if I do, it will simply not make sense because formatting actually looks sane.

On the other hand, moving to a sane site...different template?...may cause the adjustments I tried using to "fix" errors to actually make things weird in some other way.

Maybe time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment